Important Changes for the 2022-2023 School Year
With the end of the 2021-22 school year upon us, we would like to share a preview of some changes to our information systems coming for the 2022-23 school year. The most significant change is a change of our Student Information System (SIS) from Progress Book to a new platform called PowerSchool. The district decided to make this change to PowerSchool due to many factors, but the most attractive factor is the platform’s ability to interact with many other of our existing software programs seamlessly, and this includes Schoology (our Learning Management System, or LMS).
Along with a change in the SIS is a change in some of the accessory applications associated with PowerSchool. These include software programs that will give families access to transportation information, lunch balances, registration, yearly forms, and fees and payment applications. Our goal with this transition to PowerSchool is to provide families access to a “one-stop shopping” format. This portal will be similar to ClassLink that students currently use. School-related applications available to families will be housed in one place with single-sign on capability – meaning, once families login to the portal, they will be automatically logged in to all of the applications within the portal until a password is changed. This is quite an undertaking from a data perspective, but we are on-track for roll out in August.
We wanted to make everyone aware that registration WILL be required for families in August prior to the start of the new school year. Detailed instructions will be communicated to all families for each application, and will include initial logins, updating email addresses, and setting passwords.
**Student Orientation Dates/Times**
- GES New Family Orientation - 8/10 at 10:30am
- GIS "Life as a 4th Grader" Orientation - 8/8 (Last Names A-F, 10:00-10:30am; Last Names G-L, 10:45-11:15am; Last Names M-R, 11:15-11:45am; Last Names S-Z, 12:30-1:00pm)
- GMS 7th Graders and New 8th Graders - Last Names A-L on 8/9 from 8:50-11:00am; Last Names M-Z on 8/10 from 8:50-11:00am
- GHS New Student Orientation - 8/9 from 1:00-3:00pm
- GHS Freshman Orientation - 8/10 from 10:00am-12:00pm
- GHS Freshman Parent Orientation - 8/10 at 7:00pm
Student Fees for 2022-2023
Granville Schools are pleased to announce a reduction in fees for this school year. The Granville Board of Education voted in June to eliminate the 7th-12th grade activity fee, the Chromebook fee, and GES grade level fees. The rationale for the elimination of the fees is to help with inflation and the rising costs of all goods and services. Fees in general will not be available to pay until after Labor Day, as we want to allow for schedule adjustments and the implementation of PowerSchool, our new student information system.
Student School Lunches for 2022-2023
The federal supplemental allowing for free lunches for all students will not return for the next school year. School lunches for GES and GIS will cost $3.00, GMS and GHS lunches will be $3.25 (all food stations). Students will also have a la carte options that may be purchased separately from the hot lunch, and are priced individually. A price list will be shared before the start of the school year.
Required Fall OHSAA Sports Meeting
The GMS fall sports meeting will be held Aug. 3 at 6pm in the GHS theater. The GHS meeting starts at 7pm.
Fall Sports Pictures
Individual sports pictures will be taken on August 6 in the GMS gym. These are composite photos which mean that there will not be a team picture taken during August 6 picture date. Rather, the photographer will electronically build a team picture from the individual composite photos. We are going back to Argyle Photography as well. FYI: August 6 is also Pelotonia. Please plan extra time for traffic. Coaches can give you your time slot and ordering info.
NIGHT at the rACES
Granville Athletic Booster’s yearly fundraiser will be an adult-only event featuring horse racing, live auction items, food to purchase, cash bar, and shopping with the Blue Ace marketplace. Tickets will be available online July 1.
When: Saturday, August 13th
Where: Cherry Valley Hotel - Event Center
Driver's Ed Through Granville Rec
For your convenience, the Granville Recreation District has partnered with Granville Schools to offer the in-classroom part of Driver’s Education (24 hours of instruction) during the school day. This offering is open to GHS Students who will be at least 15 years and 5 months on the first day of class. Classes will only be open to GHS students who have 7th or 8th period study halls. Driver’s Education will be held on M, W, F when school is in session. Students will complete all 24 hours of required instruction by the State of Ohio in one semester. Class instruction will be over 33 days held on M, W, F. Students who enroll in Driver’s Education will report during those scheduled days to GHS Room 81 for instruction and the other 2 days of the week students will report to their normal study hall.
- Make-up days available during a student’s study halls before the end of the semester to allow for any missed class due to illness or calamity days.
- Once student has completed classroom instruction and passed their classroom test, they can call the GRD office to schedule their 4 in-car drives (2 hours each).
- The GRD will also offer a session during second semester as well.
- Registration Information:
- You may enroll on-line beginning August 10 through the GRD website (www.granvillerec.org).
- PLEASE NOTE: Your Student must have a study hall either 7th or 8th period and be 15 years and 5 months on September 7.
- Registration Opens: August 10, 2022 @ www.granvillerec.org
- Registration Ends: August 31, 2022
- Registration Fee: $500 (includes 24 hours of in-classroom instruction and 8 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction)
- Class Dates:
- BEGINS: September 7, 2022
- ENDS: December 2, 2022
- Students Who Take Driver's Education Online:
- GHS Students who take Driver’s Education through another provider can enroll in In-Car Lessons through us with no wait. Please call (740) 587-1976 to schedule your drives.