Our Mission, with the support of our community, is to provide superior educational experiences for students in a personalized learning environment.
VISION The Framework for Excellence
Graduates of the Granville Exempted Village School District are well-prepared and empowered to be thoughtful, productive, and contributing members of their communities, and are equipped with the critical thinking skills and self-sufficiency necessary for success in our ever-changing world.
VALUES Habits that Perpetuate Excellence
We want our staff to model, and our children to exhibit and embrace, these values:
· Acceptance and Inclusion
· Diligence and Self-Discipline
· Honesty and Integrity (Trustworthiness)
· Moral Courage
· Responsibility and Self-Reliance
PRINCIPLES Foundation of Excellence
Our operations and work are founded on, and are guided by, these principles:
· Student learning as our core purpose
· Family and community involvement
· High expectations that challenge each student and staff member
· Professional skill development
· Clean, safe, and secure learning environments
· Fiscal responsibility, accountability, and stewardship
· Curriculum, instruction, and assessment based on student needs
· Technology integration across the curriculum and the use of data to direct instructional practices.
FOCUS Building on a Tradition of Excellence
The staff will focus on quality classroom practices including, a rigorous curriculum, aligned assessments and focused instruction.
BENCHMARKS & INDICATORS Achieving Excellence
Benchmark 1: Whole Child: The District will promote a safe learning environment that nurtures physical, social, and emotional well-being.
- Increase or maintain 90 percent of students giving the top two ratings on exit survey.
- Increase or maintain 85 percent of students participating in at least one extra/co-curricular activity.
Benchmark 2: World Class Education: The District will provide a superior educational experience for students to become self-sustaining, critical thinking, life-long learners who are active citizens.
- Overall district/building growth is at or above a year’s worth of academic growth.
- Majority of subjects and grade levels meet a year’s worth of academic growth.
- All subgroups will meet AYP goals in Reading and Math
- Performance Index will increase or maintain 110.
- Overall district/building performance index ranking will increase or remain in the top five percent of the state.
- District/building will surpass the similar district average for advanced and accelerated percentages in a majority of subjects and grade levels.
- Increase or maintain 50 percent of juniors and seniors participating in Advanced Placement courses.
- Increase or maintain 75 percent of students earning a score of three or above on Advanced Placement exams.
- District ACT mean scores will increase or maintain at least a 27.
- Increase or maintain 50 percent of graduates meeting all four ACT college readiness benchmarks.
Benchmark 3: Operations/Resources: The District will be good stewards of community resources and assets to ensure their effective use to maximize educational opportunities for all students.
- To lower the cost per square foot for utilities to $1.15.
- The student per bus value will increase to 1.5.
- The school lunch program will not use district funds for any purposes to supplement the lunch program.
Benchmark 4: Finance: The District will generate, allocate, and utilize resources in a transparent manner to ensure student achievement.
- Obtain annual Government Finance Officer Association (GFOA) award for financial reporting for the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
- Receive a successful unqualified audit with fewer than three minor compliance citations.
- The district will maintain an adequate cash reserve for financial stability.
Benchmark 5: Community: The District will build a strong community partnership through involvement, collaboration, and transparency to provide a superior educational experience for students.
- Increase or maintain 90 percent of community members surveyed giving the top two ratings on the community survey.